Monday 4 January 2010

Post-Christmas fatness

Eugh. This morning I braved the arctic winds and icy roads to cycle to work.

It's been a couple of weeks since Reg and I have gone that far and it showed. There was a disturbing meeting of my stomach and knees at the apex of my pedal however..... i.e. my stomach has expanded to the extent that it impedes my pedalling.

Oh dear.

Not just that but I was knackered after cycling in this morning. I cycled a bit while off work but not anywhere near the 7.5 miles that makes up my commute.

I roasted a duck for Christmas and I'm not ashamed to say the highight was the roast potatoes and parsnips done in the fat in the bottom of the roasting tray.

On the plus side, while friends and colleagues are signing up for pricey gym memberships and fat-busting online diet plans I just get on Reg and wait for the calories to burn themselves off.

No comments:

Post a Comment