Thursday 1 April 2010

Sugar crash

I've had this happen a couple of times, but nothing like last night.

I went to the doctor last night* and, as I left, I suddenly went wobbly. Brushing it off I cycled the two minutes home but, as I walked through the door it happened again. I sat on the stairs for a minute before going upstairs and having to sit on the floor of Mr Weenie's office because I thought I was going to fall over.

It was a bit like that bit in Lock Stock when he leaves the card game having lost half a million pounds. It all went a bit sepia and shaky.

Luckily Mr Weenie had delicious mini coconut macaroons to feed me. After two I suddenly felt better and was able to make dinner, but it was deeply unpleasant. I think it's because I'm fighting off several office bugs that are doing the rounds but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

It's cheaper than drugs at least.

* It was nothing serious, fear not. My doctor is rather cool though and we often have a giggle.

4 comments:

  1. Off topic, I cycles from my home to London along the towpath on Saturday (nearly killed me) and another much shorter ride this morning before work. Won't be long before I'm fit enough to cycle back too :)

    Keep up the blogging it does inspire people you know.

    Ohh, almost forgot, a friend and myself have signed up for the London 26 mile Bikeathon in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep some sugary sweets in my bag or a bottle of sweet squash just in case...especially if I am going for a blood test as that is when something like that is most likely to happen.

    (Unfortunately trying to keep sweets in my bad doesn't last very long as I somehow always manage to eat the whole packet in one go)!

    Take care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, the Bikeathon, it's tempting I must say.

    Well done Baz, you'll soon be on your way. I remember when I was first starting out, the couple of miles to the station and back was exhausting! It's so easy to forget how hard it is when you're starting out because it gets so much better.

    Woollen Typist, you're so well prepared, I know I should carry these things but I always forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not unknown to get massively low blood sugar from time to time - although I'd more have expected you to have had a touch of "the bonk" on the FNRttC!

    These days I don't need drugs either. When you get to a certain age, just standing up a bit sharpish seems to have similar effects...

    ReplyDelete