Tuesday 27 April 2010

Best comment ever from a car and a fittie in lycra

On Saturday Moomin and I cycled to music school as her car is stuck in France being repaired. It was a beautiful day and we didn't meet any nasty drivers.

We were both a bit breathless from pollen but that was about it.

The highlights, however, were on the way home. Waiting for a green light at a bike crossing a silver car pulled up and, as it swung round the corner we heard 'Laaaaaadies.......' I braced myself mentally, I wasn't in lycra but nine times out of ten the comments aren't good. I was a little surprised, therefore when this followed in a French accent:

'I'm soooo drunk.... eeet is teeerrrrible.'

It was the passenger looking Pimmsed to the hilt but happy. Moomin and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. We continued on and, soon afterwards, a rather slim and spectacular-looking bike glided up to the lights next to us. I glanced over, surprised that he'd given us lots of room and executed such a courteous overtake.

I was shocked..... He was actually quite hot.

All in lycra, on a fab bike AND a bit of a hottie? He was next to Moomin at this point and they were both slightly ahead of me. Moomin gave a dazzling smile and glanced back at me with a conspiratorial wink.

All in all, a great day's cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment