Monday 12 October 2009

Women's cycle clothing, we're finally getting somewhere

I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of stylish clothing on show. There were some very cool-looking biker-style jackets by Swiss company ASSOS and a whole stand dedicated to commuting clothes.

The BSpoke range was featured and, I tell you what, Weenie likes.

My favourite item was a black trench-style jacket with hood. Lined with funky purple it looked like a lovely going out jacket. ... to the untrained eye at least. Any cyclist worth their salt will have notice: the pull down section that covers your arse but then poppers away when you're not cycling; the hidden pit zips and inside pockets; the reversible belt that's reflective, the completely waterproof but breathable fabric. Sigh.

If only it wasn't around £120 I'd be sold. But with standard high-vis jackets, including black fitted one with reflective strips, coming in at a maximum of £70, I just couldn't justify it.

Depressingly, this was a common feature on the clothing I looked at. Cyclodelic and new designer Ana Nichooler were both at the show and had some lovely stuff (check below for pix of Ana Nichooler stuff) but all of it was expensive. A lot of my lycra gear is hard-wearing and not too hideous in the pricing range so I'm happy to throw it over London's roads and take it out most days. I would love some designer stuff but I fear it would stay at the back of my wardrobe as I'd be too frightened to take it out.

Perhaps when women's cycling becomes normal and less rarified prices will drop, at least we're getting somewhere now. On the weekends I don't want to wear lycra padded shorts as I trip round markets and do light shopping. I take great comfort from the fact that women's cycle clothing is being looked at by designers.

Ana Nichoolson stuff, I like........

9 comments:

  1. I love that cape - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lined with silk and all responsibly sourced.mmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. women dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Online men sweatshirts I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascination, fashionable and gorgeousness are keys for to-be patterns. Fashioners enlivened from the old individuals from the privileged, at present it is the high society. The refined woman is currently dressing like a sovereign, princess or a ruler. The current elegant is cautious and less sumptuous, rather than the hotshot style patterns. Japanese Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  6. In addition to our large range of shoes online, we also offer men's branded clothing from the mid-high segment in our physical store. In our collections you will find ...
    Quotrell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. North face jacket women

    ReplyDelete
  8. seamless shapewear I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. Buy 90s outfits

    ReplyDelete