Tuesday 7 April 2009

Beer plus cycling... hmmmmmmm

I didn't blog yesterday, shocking!

To be honest it's partly because I feel that the fall into the canal can't be topped as a topic but I'll try anyway.

Last night I had a pint before getting on Roger and cycling home. I was offered a second (the boss was paying) and I was sorely tempted, but I decided against because I just think it's a bit silly to cycle while squiffy.

I friend, let's call him Bust-up, is legendary in his particular social circle for coming into work looking like he'd been in a war zone, because he'd cycled home worse for wear after a leaving do and come off. No cars were involved, but a pavement hit him at high speed.

He's not the only person I know who cycles when squiffy but I just can't do it. Not only am I a bit of a lightweight but if I can fall into a canal sober I dread to think of what I'd do if pissed. However, I have to admit that last night's cycle was pleasant and I got home in record time. I have two massive hills to climb on my way home and I often walk up at least part of the second, but last night I sailed up both. I was still exhausted when I got home, but I can't help wondering if beer is the secret cycling super fuel.

Worth experimenting with I feel.......

No comments:

Post a Comment