Tuesday 8 June 2010

No bikes were harmed in the breaking of my wrist

Yes, I have managed to break my right wrist.

I fell playing rounders at a barbeque. I've managed to split my ulner, chip it AND possibly dislocate my thumb. It sucks.

I can barely do anything. Typing is taking an age and the pain means I can't even use my fingers to hold anything still while I use my left hand.

Mr Weenie has been marvellous.

So... the story...

I was fielding and ran for the ball. My ankle went over and I landed with all my weight on my wrist. I felt sick for a moment and it was sore but I decided to get up and soldier on. I played left handed for another hour or so. Afterwards, we went to the bar. I'd only had two bottles of beer all day but decided to have a coke.

I started to feel really sick and, as we left, asked to be taken to the hospital on the way home. We arrived at 8.45pm, and left at 2.30am. I swore and moaned while being x-rayed and nearly passed out when they took the sling off.

A mean nurse plastered me eventually and we walked home. Mr Weenie carried my bag, made sure I kept warm and, with the foxes and a clear night it could have been romantic.

The annoying thing is that I can't blog much, if at all. Nor, crucially, can I cycle. Six weeks in plaster. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish rubbish.

    And bum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really sucks. Hope it heals up well though.

    Will it be the tube to work then? At least you have a nice chunk of plaster on your arm to shoo away sweaty commuters with.

    :(

    ReplyDelete