I can't go into full details yet as, although I'm fairly sure nothing will come of it, but it involved rain obscuring visibility, a late indicator because someone was lost, wet leaves causing skiddage and Reg and I survived with nothing more than a few scrapes and bruises.
Lessons I have learned:
- Wear hi-vis, it's ridiculous looking but makes a massive difference.
- Leaves do not care about you, your new brakes or your welfare, they will still increase your braking distance considerably.
- Traffic wardens will attempt to ticket drivers who have pulled over to see if you're ok.
- Lying in the road is very embarrassing.
- My handlebars are magnetically attracted to my inner thighs and determined to cause massive purple bruising therein.
- I don't swear when under that kind of pressure.
- The driver will be in shock and incredibly distressed.
- Sometimes shit happens.